Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Level 4
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084579
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Certification: MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Exam 77–882, MOS: Microsoft Office Excel Expert 2010 Exam 77–888
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will use the advanced features of Microsoft® Office Excel®
2010 to attain proficiency as an Excel power user.
Target Student: This course is designed for advanced Microsoft Office Excel professionals
who may work or be interested in the domain of finance, statistics, project
analysis, and market analysis including the fields of micro- and macro-economics.
Prerequisites: Excel 2010 knowledge, including how to create, edit, format,
and print worksheets that include charts and sorted and filtered data is required.
You should also know how to write and edit simple formulas. To ensure the
successful completion of Microsoft® Office
Excel® 2010: Level 4,
the following Element K courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended:
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Level 2
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Level 3
CertificationThis course is one of a series of Element K courseware
titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification skill
sets. The MOS and certification program is for individuals who use Microsoft's
business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with
specific Microsoft products.
Hardware RequirementsFor this course, you will need one computer for each student
and the instructor. Each computer should have the following minimum hardware
- A 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster.
- A minimum of 1 GB of RAM is recommended.
- 20 GB hard disk or larger. You should have at least 1 GB of
free hard disk space available for Office 2010 installation.
- A DVD-ROM drive.
- A keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- A 1024 x 768 resolution SVGA monitor is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (check with your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
- A projection system to display the instructor’s computer
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2010 Edition.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- manipulate data using statistical and lookup functions.
- analyze data using the data analysis tools in Microsoft
- make investment decisions using the financial functions
in Excel 2010.
- examine data using math functions in Excel 2010.
- manipulate data using text and information functions in
- create templates and work with Excel's advanced chart options.
- manage data in Excel workbooks.
- Lesson 1: Manipulating Data Using Statistical and Lookup Functions
- Topic 1A: Forecast GDP Using Statistical Functions
- Topic 1B: Evaluate Sales Data Using Statistical Functions
- Topic 1C: Analyze Stock Data Using Statistical Functions
- Topic 1D: Mine Data Using the Lookup and Reference Functions
- Lesson 2: Analyzing Data Using Data Analysis Tools
- Topic 2A: Analyze Sales Data Using Descriptive Statistics
- Topic 2B: Analyze Time Series Data Using Exponential Smoothing
- Topic 2C: Analyze Data Using Regression
- Topic 2D: Identify the Beta Value of a Security
- Topic 2E: Analyze Sector Data Using Correlation and Covariance
- Topic 2F: Optimize a Stock Portfolio Using Solver
- Lesson 3: Working with Data Using Financial Functions
- Topic 3A: Develop an Investment Schedule Using Financial Functions
- Topic 3B: Make Investment Decisions Using Financial Functions
- Lesson 4: Examining Data Using Math Functions
- Topic 4A: Analyze Sales Data Using Math Functions
- Topic 4B: Calculate Stock Returns Using Math Functions
- Topic 4C: Aggregate GDP Data Using Math Functions
- Lesson 5: Manipulating Data Using Text and Information Functions
- Topic 5A: Manipulate Data Using Text Functions
- Topic 5B: Validate Data Using Information Functions
- Lesson 6: Working with Templates and Charts
- Topic 6A: Create Advanced Templates
- Topic 6B: Create Advanced Charts
Appendix A: Commonly
Used Excel Functions
Appendix B: Microsoft
Office Excel 2010 Exam 77–882
Appendix C: Microsoft
Office Excel Expert 2010 Exam 77–888
- Lesson 7: Managing Data in Workbooks
- Topic 7A: Retrieve and Paste Data
- Topic 7B: Clean Data in Workbooks