Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Level 2
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084577
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will use advanced formulas and work with various tools to analyze
data in spreadsheets. You will also organize table data, present data as charts,
and enhance the look and appeal of workbooks by adding graphical objects.
Target Student: This course is meant for those desiring to gain advanced skill sets
necessary for calculating data using functions and formulas, sorting and filtering
data, using PivotTables and PivotCharts for analyzing data, and customizing
Prerequisites: Before starting this course, students are recommended
to take the following Element K course or have equivalent knowledge: Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Level
Hardware RequirementsFor this course, you will need one computer for each student
and the instructor. Each computer should have the following hardware configuration:
- A 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster.
- A minimum of 256 MB of RAM. (512 MB of RAM is recommended).
- A 10 GB hard disk or larger. You should have at least 1 GB
of free hard disk space available for the Office installation.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- A keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- A 1024 x 768 resolution monitor is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
- A projection system to display the instructor’s computer
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2010 Edition
- Microsoft® Office Suite Service Pack 1
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use advanced formulas.
- organize worksheet and table data using various techniques.
- create and modify charts.
- analyze data using PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts.
- insert and modify graphic objects in a worksheet.
- customize and enhance workbooks and the Microsoft Office
- Lesson 1: Calculating Data with Advanced Formulas
- Topic 1A: Apply Cell and Range Names
- Topic 1B: Calculate Data Across Worksheets
- Topic 1C: Use Specialized Functions
- Topic 1D: Analyze Data with Logical and Lookup Functions
- Lesson 2: Organizing Worksheet and Table Data
- Topic 2A: Create and Modify Tables
- Topic 2B: Format Tables
- Topic 2C: Sort or Filter Data
- Topic 2D: Use Functions to Calculate Data
- Lesson 3: Presenting Data Using Charts
- Topic 3A: Create a Chart
- Topic 3B: Modify Charts
- Topic 3C: Format Charts
- Lesson 4: Analyzing Data Using PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts
- Topic 4A: Create a PivotTable Report
- Topic 4B: Filter Data Using Slicers
- Topic 4C: Analyze Data Using PivotCharts
- Lesson 5: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Topic 5A: Insert and Modify Pictures and ClipArt
- Topic 5B: Draw and Modify Shapes
- Topic 5C: Illustrate Workflow Using SmartArt Graphics
- Topic 5D: Layer and Group Graphic Objects
- Lesson 6: Customizing and Enhancing the Excel Environment
- Topic 6A: Customize the Excel Environment
- Topic 6B: Customize Workbooks
- Topic 6C: Manage Themes
- Topic 6D: Create and Use Templates