Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2011: Level 1 (Macintosh)
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084553
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will explore the PowerPoint environment and create a presentation.
You will format text on slides to enhance clarity. To enhance the visual appeal,
you will add graphical objects to a presentation and modify them. You will
also add tables and charts to a presentation to present data in a structured
form. You will then finalize a presentation to deliver it.
Target Student: This course is designed for students who are interested in learning
the fundamentals needed to create and modify basic presentations using Microsoft
Office PowerPoint 2011.
Prerequisites: Prospective students should be familiar with the Mac OS
X v10.5 (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable
in the Macintosh environment and be able to use Macintosh to manage information
on the computer. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs;
navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Web browsing experience is also strongly recommended.
Hardware RequirementsFor this course, you will need one computer for each student
and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum
- 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster
- Minimum 256 MB of RAM (512 MB of RAM recommended)
- 10 GB hard disk or larger (You should have at least 1 GB of
free hard disk space available for the Office installation.)
- CD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse or other pointing device
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor’s computer
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office:mac (Home & Student, Home &
Business) Edition 2011.
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the components of the PowerPoint 2011 interface.
- create a basic presentation.
- format text on slides.
- add graphical objects to a presentation.
- modify graphical objects in a presentation.
- work with tables in a presentation.
- add charts to a presentation.
- prepare to deliver a presentation.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint
- Topic 1A: Identify the Elements of the User Interface
- Topic 1B: View Presentations
- Topic 1C: Save a Presentation
- Topic 1D: Use Microsoft PowerPoint Help
- Lesson 2: Creating a Basic Presentation
- Topic 2A: Select a Presentation Type
- Topic 2B: Enter Text
- Topic 2C: Edit Text
- Topic 2D: Format Text Placeholders
- Topic 2E: Add Slides to a Presentation
- Topic 2F: Arrange Slides
- Topic 2G: Work with Themes
- Lesson 3: Formatting Text on Slides
- Topic 3A: Apply Character Formats
- Topic 3B: Format Paragraphs
- Lesson 4: Adding Graphical Objects to a Presentation
- Topic 4A: Insert Images into a Presentation
- Topic 4B: Add Shapes
- Topic 4C: Add Visual Styles to the Text in a Presentation
- Lesson 5: Modifying Graphical Objects in a Presentation
- Topic 5A: Edit Graphical Objects
- Topic 5B: Format Graphical Objects
- Topic 5C: Group Graphical Objects on a Slide
- Topic 5D: Arrange Graphical Objects on a Slide
- Topic 5E: Apply Animation Effects
- Lesson 6: Working with Tables
- Topic 6A: Insert a Table
- Topic 6B: Format Tables
- Topic 6C: Import Tables from Other Microsoft Office Applications
- Lesson 7: Working with Charts
- Topic 7A: Insert Charts
- Topic 7B: Modify a Chart
- Topic 7C: Import Charts from Other Microsoft Office Applications
- Lesson 8: Preparing to Deliver a Presentation
- Topic 8A: Review the Content in a Presentation
- Topic 8B: Divide a Presentation into Sections
- Topic 8C: Add Transitions
- Topic 8D: Add Speaker Notes
- Topic 8E: Print a Presentation
- Topic 8F: Deliver a Presentation