Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084088
Software: CorelDRAW® X4
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
You created, edited, formatted, and printed basic drawings.
You now have a need to create a more professional brochure. In this course,
you will use CorelDRAW X4 to create the brochure and enhance its appearance
with advanced colors, charts, graphics, and formulas.
Course Objective: You will work with layers in the CorelDRAW X4 application, use advanced
tools for creating drawings, advanced output options for printing, and advanced
techniques for text manipulation. In addition, you will also work with bitmap
and vector graphics, simplify your tasks using VBA macros, and finalize the
brochure for printing.
Target Student: This course is intended for experienced graphic designers and marketing
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, it is recommended
that you first take the following Element K course: CorelDRAW®
X4: Level 1 or have
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Intel® Pentium® IV 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz recommended)
- 512 MB of RAM
- 1.5 GB disk space or higher
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Mouse or other pointing device
- Monitor and keyboard
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (see your local network administrator)
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X4
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- work with pages.
- create a design in a drawing.
- manipulate a drawing.
- work with images.
- develop interactive elements.
- simplify tasks.
- finalize a document.
- Lesson 1: Working with Pages
- Topic 1A: Understand Page Elements
- Topic 1B: Create Layers
- Lesson 2: Creating a Design
- Topic 2A: Create Custom Shapes
- Topic 2B: Create a Mesh
- Lesson 3: Manipulating a Drawing
- Topic 3A: Format Objects
- Topic 3B: Edit Objects
- Lesson 4: Working with Images
- Topic 4A: Enhance Images
- Topic 4B: Convert Bitmap Images to Vector Images
- Lesson 5: Developing Interactive Elements
- Topic 5A: Create Rollovers
- Topic 5B: Create Hyperlinks
- Lesson 6: Simplifying Tasks
- Topic 6A: Work with Macros
- Topic 6B: Print Merge Documents
- Lesson 7: Finalizing a Document
- Topic 7A: Prepare for Distribution
- Topic 7B: Output a Document