Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084043
Software: Microsoft® Office Excel® 2008
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
In Microsoft® Office Excel®
2008: Level 1 (Macintosh), you created, edited,
formatted, and printed basic spreadsheets. You now have a need to streamline
repetitive tasks and display spreadsheet data in more visually effective ways.
In this course, you will use Microsoft® Office Excel® 2008 to streamline
and enhance your spreadsheets with templates, charts, graphics, and formulas.
Course Objective: You will apply visual elements and advanced formulas to a worksheet
to display data in various formats.
Target Student: This course is designed for students who desire to gain the skills
necessary to create templates, sort and filter data, import and export data,
analyze data, and work with Excel on the web.
Prerequisites: Before starting this course, students are recommended
to take the following Element K course: Microsoft®
Office Excel® 2008: Level 1 (Macintosh).
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
For this course, you will need one Macintosh computer
for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer should have the
following minimum hardware configuration:
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 1.83 GHz, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC
G4 (500 MHz or faster) processor
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 10 GB of hard disk or larger (at least 1.5 GB of free hard
disk space for Office installation)
- DVD drive
- Keyboard and mouse or other pointing device
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor (recommended)
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or a printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor’s screen
- Microsoft® Office 2008 for Mac
- Mac OS® X version 10.5 or later
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- calculate with advanced formulas.
- organize worksheet and table data using various techniques.
- create and modify charts.
- analyze data using PivotTables.
- insert graphic objects.
- customize and enhance workbooks and the Microsoft®
Office Excel® environment.
- Lesson 1: Calculating Data with Advanced Formulas
- Topic 1A: Manage Cell and Range Names
- Topic 1B: Calculate Data Across Worksheets
- Topic 1C: Use Specialized Functions
- Topic 1D: Analyze Data with Logical and Lookup Functions
- Lesson 2: Organizing Worksheet and List Data
- Topic 2A: Create Lists
- Topic 2B: Sort or Filter List Data
- Lesson 3: Presenting Data Using Charts
- Topic 3A: Create a Chart
- Topic 3B: Modify Charts
- Topic 3C: Format Charts
- Lesson 4: Analyzing Data Using PivotTables
- Topic 4A: Create a PivotTable Report
- Topic 4B: Analyze PivotTable Data
- Lesson 5: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Topic 5A: Insert and Modify Pictures and ClipArt
- Topic 5B: Draw and Modify Shapes
- Topic 5C: Illustrate Workflow Using SmartArt Graphics
- Topic 5D: Arrange and Group Graphic Objects
- Lesson 6: Customizing and Enhancing Workbooks and the Excel Environment
- Topic 6A: Customize the Excel Environment
- Topic 6B: Customize Workbooks
- Topic 6C: Manage Themes
- Topic 6D: Create and Use Templates