Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Level 1
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084576
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Certification: MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Exam 77–882
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will create and edit basic Microsoft Office Excel 2010 worksheets and workbooks.
Target Student: This course is designed for students who desire to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft
Office Excel 2010 worksheets.
Prerequisites: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and
keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer.
Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage
files and folders. To ensure your success, we recommend you first take one of Element K's introductory Windows courses, such
as either of the following, or have equivalent skills and knowledge:
- Windows XP Professional: Level 1
- Windows XP: Introduction
CertificationThis course is one of a series of Element K courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification
skill sets. The MOS and certification program is for individuals who use Microsoft's business desktop software and who seek
recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products.
Hardware RequirementsFor this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following
minimum hardware components:
- 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster.
- Minimum 256 MB of RAM. 512 MB of RAM is recommended.
- 10 GB hard disk or larger. You should have at least 1 GB of free hard disk space available for the Office installation.
- CD-ROM drive.
- Keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
- Projection system to display the instructor’s computer screen.
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2010 Edition
- Microsoft® Office Suite Service Pack 1
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a basic worksheet by using Microsoft Excel 2010.
- perform calculations in an Excel worksheet.
- modify an Excel worksheet.
- modify the appearance of data within a worksheet.
- manage Excel workbooks.
- print the content of an Excel worksheet.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Excel
- Topic 1A: Identify the Elements of the Excel Interface
- Topic 1B: Navigate and Select Cells in Worksheets
- Topic 1C: Customize the Excel Interface
- Topic 1D: Create a Basic Worksheet
- Lesson 2: Performing Calculations in an Excel Worksheet
- Topic 2A: Create Formulas in a Worksheet
- Topic 2B: Insert Functions in a Worksheet
- Topic 2C: Reuse Formulas
- Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- Topic 3A: Edit Worksheet Data
- Topic 3B: Find and Replace Data
- Topic 3C: Manipulate Worksheet Elements
- Lesson 4: Modifying the Appearance of a Worksheet
- Topic 4A: Apply Font Properties
- Topic 4B: Add Borders and Colors to Cells
- Topic 4C: Align Content in a Cell
- Topic 4D: Apply Number Formatting
- Topic 4E: Apply Cell Styles
- Lesson 5: Managing an Excel Workbook
- Topic 5A: Manage Worksheets
- Topic 5B: View Worksheets and Workbooks
Appendix A: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Exam 77–882
- Lesson 6: Printing Excel Workbooks
- Topic 6A: Define the Page Layout
- Topic 6B: Print a Workbook